“In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” –Albert Schweitzer
Bridges of Hope was created to connect people to the resources they need to resolve their situation, empowering them to thrive and gain hope. In 2018, we will serve approximately 1,500 households across the Lakes area, or nearly 4,200 individuals!
The only way we can do that is through the generosity of our community, because all of our services are offered at no cost to those who need them. Here are just a few examples of what our donors’ & funders’ support is helping us accomplish in the Lakes Area:
- Nora has spent most of her time in and out of different foster homes, but finally at age 8 has found an adoptive family. With help from Bridges of Hope, she has a team of professionals who are willing to support her and her adoptive family; she is involved in school activities and is developing healthier relationships and behaviors.
- Alan is successfully managing a tight budget on social security, and despite his disability, he gives back to his community by volunteering at a nonprofit several times each week.
- With assistance from Bridges of Hope, Gina was able to cut monthly expenses by moving into a more affordable apartment closer to work and school that also allowed her two children to have their own room.
- John has maintained sobriety for two years, regained custody of his child, successfully trained for and accepted a job in mental health and has healthy supports in place; and
- Literally thousands of other lives have been touched, thanks to our supporters!
Because of the generosity of our community, those who might otherwise fall through the cracks have somewhere to turn to when they need help. We have been serving the Lakes area since 2002, and Follow Up is a big part of our work. When we followed up with them this past year, here is what some of our clients said about their experience…
- “This is such a relief! You took a huge weight off my shoulders. You treated me with kindness and care that went beyond what I’d expected.” Cora’s recent disability prevented her from paying all her utilities in full. After working with our Resource Connection Services, she was able to budget and pay off her electric and water bills before they were disconnected, and she was provided with enough fuel oil to use until her Energy Assistance was granted.
- “Things are getting much better.” Sam and Erik have five children; two of which are adopted and have several mental health diagnoses. Through our Respite Services, Sam and Erik have been focusing on their self-care, which is improving their family dynamic.
- “I was down so far and it is so hard. I don’t know what I’d do without you. I am so grateful for your help.” Lila’s 20-year-old furnace died. Through our Resource Connection Services, Bridges of Hope was able to assist Lila with the purchase of a new furnace, and one of her adult children helped to install it.
Thank you for helping Bridges of Hope work to rekindle the inner fires of others.
If you know someone who might benefit from our services, please have them call us at 218.825.7682 or visit our website.
You can also make a gift to support our work.