Our staff and board members spent the day together yesterday enjoying good food & fellowship and we also did some planning for the future of Bridges. It was a relaxing & energizing day!
We started out by naming our burdens & distractions and giving them to God so we could be fully present in our conversations.What a relief!
Now, I don’t mean the “where did you go to school and what is your favorite ice cream flavor” kind of getting to know each other. I mean the fun, quirky, silly, and interesting kind of getting to know each other!
For example, we learned about each others diverse interests such as sewing, horseback riding, “mudding,” playing the djembe, and singing. There was even one person among us who plans to water ski this weekend. BRRRR!
A few of us are pet lovers our pets & have given them unique names (some based in Greek mythology and others named after dearly departed grandmothers).
Then, we moved on to the important business of answering some key questions:
- What value do we offer our community?
- How do we know this?
- What are some important goals for us to focus on in the coming years?
- Is there anything we need to stop doing in order to start doing something new?
- What are the resources we will need?
We have some gifted thinkers, listeners, & visionaries among us!
These are some of the exciting (and just plain necessary) areas Bridges will focus on in the coming years.
- Expand our Side by Side mentoring program.
- Encourage learning – for ourselves, our clients, our partners, and the community.
- Mobilize volunteers.
- Go paperless!
- Increase use of technology to serve better.
- Secure resources to continue the great work.
- Share information regarding gaps in services and act as a catalyst to fill those gaps when possible.
In order to do our work and accomplish these new goals, WE NEED YOU! If you are interested in being a mentor or volunteering for other opportunities, please contact email@example.com or click here to make a gift that can change lives in the Lakes Area!
To stay up to date on all the latest happenings at Bridges, follow us on Facebook.
Thank you for helping us build Bridges!